History in the making!
We held a focus group with women to see what they thought of or new naturalized TLUD designs. In general they were astonished, because:
- They didn’t think there was sufficient fuel loaded into the TLUD to cook a meal, when in fact, we cooked the meal, boiled water for tea, than sat around and watched the flame.
- The didn’t think the apparatus would work, because being top-lit, it is so different from traditional chulas
- They liked not to have to stoke the fire.
- They liked the almost complete absence of emissions; no smoke
- They liked cooking standing up.
- They were impressed at the quantity of char left over, and could see how they could sell it to local restaurants.
- They asked if they could take it home.
Leave a Reply